Friday, June 11, 2010

Reaping and Sewing

Finished a week at girl scout twilight camp as the craft queen. It is my 6th year. Is that right? Seems like only yesterday Sam was a daisy scout. Now, she's a Cadette.

Anyway, through girl scouts I met another feckless leader with younger daughters who asked if she could go through my stash to find fabric to make dresses for her daughters out of. When I did, it caused me to want to sew again.

So, I am off on another sewing oddysey this summer.

2 sewing projects that have caught my eye:

Schwinn Romper

Habitual Simple Sundress


I became aware of both of these through BurdaStyle. So excited! I am going to make sundresses for all of samantha's little peeps and then they can be the Von Trapp family for halloween. Wonder if I can get Madden, Thorsten, and Eliison in lederhosen?

I was asked by Happiness in Quilting to make a Quiltapalooza market trunk show sample and I am making it in Viva! by Robert Kaufman fabrics. I love day of the dead and mexican folklore. Most people love it or hate it. I am making it in a pattern called Voila! I am so exicted! It is very funky and out there. My friend Cindy @topstotreasures (who does not like Day of the Dead - gives her the creeps) is going to have to quilt it. heh-heh. In skulls, heh-heh-heh

No comments:

Post a Comment