Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day of the Dead Quilt

Sample of Luis Fitch Viva! fabric line made into a quilt and displayed as store sample at Happiness is Quilting
Another store sample. . .I actually completed this one before I started work at Happiness is Quilting. It's a Day of the Dead quilt. It has Our Lady of Guadalupe on the front and doves. I think I'll put grinning skulls on the back. It creeps my family out but I appreciate the humor that goes into the art. I like to see people try to tackle tough subjects with humor. I think I'm going to quilt it in variegated orange and yellow thread with big chrysanthemums or more doves. A solid black back could be really pretty too.

Detail of the quilt. Really loved this fabric because you did not have to fussy cut it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment