Thursday, January 19, 2012

IPAD Cover Dimensions

When I was at the Houston Quilt Show, I ran across the authors of Everyday Handmade, Cassie Barden and Adrienne Smitke.  I kept seeing them at demos and book-signings and thought, "What the huh?"



Well, I like them because they like to sew stuff for their stuff.  In other words, they sew bags for their knitting gear, covers for their technology, and even covers for their passports.  They love selvedges and covered buttons.  What's not to love?

It is my rule of thumb to buy a book when there are two patterns I would make.  This book has 11 projects.  Yes, 11.

My first project was to adapt the "literary genius e-reader cover" to fit my IPAD.  I have been asked about my cover and I refer them to the book and give them the following dimensions:

BODY:
1 rectangle 20.5" X 10.5"
1 rectangle 3" X 5"
2 squares 2.5" X 2.5"

CONTRAST:
1 rectangle 12.25" X 10.5"
1 rectangle 8.25" X 10.5"
1 rectangle 3" x 5"

INTERFACING:
1 rectangle 12.25" X 10.5"
1 rectangle 8.25" X 10.5"
1 rectangle 3" X 5"
2 squares 2.5" X 2.5"

I also thought I'd be really cute and substitute Peltex 71F for interfacing.  Do not do this.  It's a "bleep" to use in this project.  You'd be better off to use interfacing and fusible fleece to just interfacing.

As is expected, I wish my crafting had been better but I get lots of compliments on it.  My mother has requested one for her Kindle Fire.

I'm having difficulty with my photo of it and will post it later.

My next project from the book is the knitting needle roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment