Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Socks!

 

I finished my first socks on January 1, 2010. I am going to follow the Loumm's Creations "A Year of Socks." I made them for my son, Madden, age 15. I found it satisfying to finish them. I had tried when i was a new knitter to make them buy was not able to understand the structure. I am about 75% complete on my second pair, Caliente. They will be slipper socks.

In January, I have decided to take a rug hooking class. I think I will take the pillow in I completed the front of (but never sewed) to have the instructor to critique. I have several pieces that Cindy's grandmother completed the hooking on but did not bind. I have also have several that are partially completed.

Rose Path Weaving in Lindale, TX opened a rug-hooking wing and that is where I would take my class.

It is interesting to me that beginning a year could bring about such creativity in me. I realized for Christmas that I had completed 3 quilts, 1 scarf, 1 pair of slippers, 1 pair of socks, 7 dish or face cloths, 1 trivit and 2 amirugumi santa clauses. That is not even completion of projects for the year. I think it has been a productive year.

I told my husband my and he said, "Are you tired?" and then said with tongue firmly planted in cheek, "Don't do it again."
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment