Monday, November 1, 2010

Paper Doll Sweater

Photo used with permission of Kate Davies

I purchased this pattern last night and am so excited.  I think I'll make it in my dale baby ull and some of my sock yarns I bought on vacation that are hand-dyed.

I decided to visit her blog, Needled, and I was impressed by her work, her shoes, and her story.  Although I have not had a stroke, I understand the long recovery process and grieving over not being able to wear cool shoes any longer.  I have a probable diagnosis of Behcet's Disease and each time I have a flare, I lose short-term memory.  After my first flare, my hands could not remember how to knit, crochet, or use my sewing machine.  I regained it in time.  One of the things I do is Sudoku to rebuild those connections.  I am not sure why that happens.  Thanks to my new medication regimen, I have not had a real flare since January.  That one was a doozy though, it took me 6 weeks to regain normalcy.  Anyway,  I kept two pairs of the shoes I loved just to keep my morale up.  I did discover Alegria shoes during this time so I am not suffering too much.

I guess I am writing this as much to encourage Kate and thank her for her courage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment